Monday, September 28, 2009

Daily life and travel




During the week, when it is just me and the kids during the day, I generally run or walk (pushing our ever trusty but getting quite heavy stroller) to a playground with them in the mornings. There are a couple playgrounds very close by. They also enjoy going to the library in Egham, which is about a 25 min walk. We did buy a car, but I have not yet braved the left side of the road driving aside from a few blocks. Hopefully by the time the weather turns cold, I will be ready.
As for traveling, we have been to London a couple times on the train. Aaron is enthralled with the trains and boasts how many trains he got to ride in one day-“ I rode 5 trains today!” Last Saturday, we went to Brighton, a hoppin, colorful town on the southern coast for a day. Yutaka, Meade’s good friend who lives in Japan, was visiting for the weekend and accompanied us there.

The weather as you may know is simply crazy. I really do feel as though I am on an island the way weather moves in and out so quickly. This morning it was sunny and warm, with a few clouds in the sky. By 1pm it was cloudy and started to downpour, and it will probably clear up again and then rain again tonight… I guess this is pretty typical. I prefer this variability to daily sun followed by six months of gloom in Seattle. I just need more space in the stroller to bring everrthing from sunglasses and sunscreen to raincoats and fleece for the kiddos.



No comments:

Post a Comment